Personal Information I Collect
When you visit the Site, I automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, I collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. I refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”. I collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How I use your Personal Information
I use the Order Information to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, I use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with me, provide you with information or advertising relating to my products or services.
I use the Device Information to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of my marketing and advertising campaigns).
Why I Need Your Personal Information
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with laws. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under the law of the State of Georgia and the U.S.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your Personal Information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- I use 1and1 server to host Jojostudios.com. Therefore, all my website files, codes, media, etc. are saved on, and served worldwide by 1and1 servers.
- I use PayPal payment services to process payment when you purchase products or services from the Site. To complete a transaction and prevent fraud, PayPal requires your Personal Information, such as name, address, payment information, phone number, etc.
- I use Stripe merchant service solution to accept and process card payments. When you purchase products or services from the Site, and use the online checkout system, the information you entered is transmitted to Stripe payment servers to complete the transaction.
- I use MailChimp email marketing services to email customers that have elected joined my newsletter, mailing, and freebie list. The “Subscribe to my Newsletter” or any other form thereof on Jojostudios.com is an email services provided by MailChimp. Your name, email address, IP address, time stamp, etc. are captured when you signed up for my email list. This information is used only to send newsletter, announcements, freebies, etc. from Jojostudios.com.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services on Jojostudios.com, such as delivery companies. I will share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your Personal Information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your Personal Information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
Refunds and Exchanges
Since this is a digital purchase, all sales are final.
But if there are any concerns or issues after purchase I would be more than happy to assist in any way possible.
Customizations and Prints
Products are sold as is and are not one of a kind design which means they will be resold unless noted otherwise. If you would like a customized product please email me for more info. Everyone’s computer monitor displays color differently. Because of this, I cannot guarantee that the colors displayed on your monitor will appear the same when your design is printed.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the Personal Information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your Personal Information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your Personal Information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Janet, am the data controller of your Personal Information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may call me at: +1 404 828 0276
By submitting your payment, you agree to the terms listed above.